Director Emergency Medicine
Permanent - Full Time
(76 hrs per fortnight)
At BHS we are caring, progressive, enjoy our work and use a positive spirit to succeed. BHS values Compassion; Respect; Teamwork; and Accountability; and our work is underpinned by Excellence. We strive to build and develop productive partnerships across a variety of sectors to achieve positive outcomes for all. BHS believes that success comes through recognising, supporting and encouraging the value of people and teams.
Ballarat Health Services seeks a Director of Emergency Medicine to lead our 23 cubicle Emergency Department and Short Stay Unit.
You will be a key senior leader within Ballarat Health Services, and have the opportunity to deliver strategic and operational leadership, whilst overseeing clinical management. You will be an energetic, innovative practitioner with demonstrated experience in leading change, excellent interpersonal skills and promote a positive workplace culture with an engaged workforce.
- Lead and manage the provision of clinical service by the Emergency Department, emphasising excellence in patient care, staff performance, cost efficiency, education and research
- Ensure the Department provides high quality clinical care to patients presenting to the Emergency Department.
- Supervise the clinical care of patients in the Emergency Department, including clinical supervision arrangements of junior medical officers.
- Actively enable and participate in the ongoing organisational and clinical development of the staff working in the Emergency Department at Ballarat Health Services.
- Ensure patient flow is managed within the Department, optimising the patient journey and the patient experience
- Actively monitors and manages the team to ensure the highest level of service delivery
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance. Applications must be submitted online.